Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Greetings from Atlanta!

Hello from the Atlanta airport! I'm in the middle of the three-hour layover before our international flight that departs at 6:27 pm. The flight from JAX to ATL was not bad at all, and it was over before we even knew it! It even looks like there are some good movies to watch on the plane... for $6 a movie... but that should keep me entertained on this upcoming 10-hour flight. I'm sitting at concourse F charging various electronics with the three UNF professors and about seven other UNF students. Everyone got some food and we're all happily taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi (or as they say in Italy, Wee-Fee).

This airport is so BIG! I've been in here a few times before from our Bolles chorus trips, but I guess I was never on the international side. Riding the train over to our concourse, I remembered running through this airport to catch our flight with the rest of the Bolles chorus, and then a kid got left behind when the train doors closed! I have made sure that I am not that kid, and I basically stayed glued to Professor Malcolm until we got to our gate.

Sorry, whoa, a midget couple just walked by me. That was interesting. Oh, and there was a guy on our earlier flight with a FANTASTIC mustache! I tried to get a picture, but it was a little too creepy even for me. But I appreciated that.

Landing in Atlanta!
So anyway, it's been pretty smooth so far, besides a bit of "rough air" on the landing in Atlanta. I was worried about major delays or inclement weather, but that's looking good. I got some iced coffee from Starbucks in the Jacksonville airport since there won't be iced coffee for six weeks, but I might get some more here in the Atlanta airport. Life is good, and it's about to get better!

Stay tuned for more scattered and random blog posts from me from ITALIA!

~Dani~

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Dani! Leaving you in Arlington at Bolles was hard enough, but this is unreal! I know you will have a great time and learn a lot. And I predict that people won't scare you anymore after 6 weeks in Italy! Love, your mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your blog Dani. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete